Friday, June 13, 2008

My 300th post contest and game...

I played this game on the very first post when I met Cecily and really enjoyed it. Angie did it too and I loved it again. It's a great way to get to know new blog friends so pay attention.

First off I will start our with a random list of things about myself. Most people do a 10o but even while playing with this list for a few weeks I just don't think I have that much to say about myself.
So here's how it will work . Comment. If you are not commenting now this is the time to come out of lurkdome and do it. I am hoping to see some new readers in this process. In your comments give me something about YOU that maybe those of us in the bloggy world don't know. Those comments will serve two purposes:

** The Drawing!!! One week from today June 20th I will pick a random number and I'll send the winner two shades t-shirts.
our signature style. seamless cap sleeve. Scoop neck. flat merrow stitch on neck and arms. meant to layer. snug fit.
95% cotton/5% spandex machine wash.
I love these shirts and use them to layer under really low shirts or to have the really cute layered look. They are a staple in my wardrobe. Just tell me your size and I will mail them off.


**I'll re post the list with your little known facts so everyone can read about you instead of just me. That way it will be FAR MORE interesting.
So without further ado, 100--I mean 70 things about me (later followed by more things about you).

Random Facts

1-I hate tan nylons.

2-I stay up very late ALL.THE.TIME.

3-Before we had children my husband told me he wanted identical twin girls. I told him he was nuts. He decided that one at a time was better after a month or so with Lindsey. He must have already put his order in.

4-The Cheesecake Factory is one of my favorite restaurants. My husband is always amazed how often I will eat there.

5-I have only broke one bone. I broke my collar bone when I was 11 and it was very painful. I was swinging from a landing and fell down the stairs. It still looks weird now.

6-I hate peanut butter. There was a time that I could not even stand to smell it and would not make it or be around it. I have had to get over that as a mother because its something my kids love.

7-I am not an organized person (much to my husbands dismay).

8- I am really good at talking to people.

9. My nickname as a child was Maggie pie because I never stopped talking.

10. I am a sensitive person and it is easy to hurt my feelings. My husband would say I am oversensitive.

11. I think about things I have said long after I have said them. I often wish I could change what I said. I guess I think about things too much.

12.I love Mac make up and buy almost no other brand.

13.When I vacuum I have to have all the lines in place. I do not like others to vacuum for me because I just want to re do it.

14.I hate cooking. I keep thinking I just need to learn to do it better to like it.

15. I don’t like to wear bracelets much.

16. I can never really pick a favorite color I just am drawn to different colors at different times.

17. I hate watching movies more than once so I never purchase them, with the exception of kids movies. I own a few classics that I can re watch. They include Anne of Green Gables series, Pride and Predjudice (the long one) and other Jane Austen classics, The Scarlet Pimpernell.

18. I could not live without my cordless phone.

19. I love tivo and do not know how people watch t.v. without it.

20. I have only had 2 pedicure’s.

21. I have a really hard time if I think someone does not like me or if I offend someone.

22.I am a very light sleeper.

23. I cannot stand it when the t.v is too loud. It stresses me out.

24. I love diet coke with lime. Fresh lime that is. I keep them in my fridge as a treat.

25. I hate grocery shopping.

26.I love playing games but rarely get to play.

27. I love photography and all things related to it.

28. I love my Canon Rebel. Can you say instant gratification?

29. I believe there are many people you can associate with but few you really connect with. The trick is making time to develop new and interesting friendships.

30. I grew up in the middle of three sisters and we had constant games going on. We were never bored. We loved playing school, house, and our games were very imaginative.

31.I feel very lucky to have three daughters and I cherish the fact we have Jacob. I do not think we would survive without one son.

32. I love California weather and miss it ALL. THE. TIME.

33. I am bit of a control freak and never knew it.

34. I tend to not pay attention and get hurt doing stupid things. Clumsy.

35. I trip all the time, especially on stairs.

36. I love shopping.

37 Many of my best friends are all family. My mom, two sisters and my sister in law, cousin etc… I have a lot of other good friends but feel blessed that most of my time is spent with family who are also friends.

38.I love to share deals and love to sell things I love to help other people. You could say I am good sales person. When I find a product, outfit or thing I love. I always like to share it.

39.I hate morning (probably because I stay up too late all the time).

40. I love getting packages in the mail.

41. When I sleep I usually wake up several times in the night. I never have been bothered by this and never thought it unusual.

42. I love pasta.

43.I wear a size 7 shoe. 7.5 if it runs small.

44.I have realized weight loss and health in general will be a never ending process, a way of life.

45.I love meeting new people.

46. I think compliments can brighten anyone’s days at any time whether you know them or not. I think if would spend more time making efforts to notice the good we would feel better.

47. I am not as patient as I hope to become.

48.I love nap time (if they nap that is).

49. I hate fans blowing on me.

50.I love the beach. Every thing about the beach. Growing up I went to the beach a lot. As teen and young adult and I could drive I went to the beach even more. It is something I really miss.

51. I choked and after several unsuccessful attempts to help me I had to have the hymlec done. I was only in 5th grade and at the time it was very real that I might die. I could not breathe and pictured myself dying. It really tramatized me to the point where I was afraid of dying for a while. I really struggled with my fears as a child.

52. I am the tallest girl in my family and I am only 5 ft 6 inches.

53- I loose everything all the time!

54- I grew up in Northern California and experienced a lot of earth quakes. I hate earth quakes. They came often enough that I have experienced many. Most small. Some came as I was a kid at school alone on a playground or awakened from sleep. When they started you never knew how long it would last or how big it would be. The biggest earth quake I was in occurred October 1989. It was a 7.1. It was the kind that people died and freeways fell. Earth quakes are unpredictable. No warning. After shocks are common so once you are all scared you get the added pleasure of having it happen again and again! I hate earthquakes!

55-I love to travel.

56. Even though I love to laugh it takes a lot to get me to laugh. I take things too seriously.

57.I love history.

58. I can’t sing.

59. I love dimples. No one in our family has them.

60. I am not a perfectionist (except about my kids hair and clothes).

61. I am really good at memorizing phone numbers (a fairly useless talent).

62.I make myself feel guitly about all kinds of things.

63.I am absolutely terrified of mice. I once slept in another room for two months because we heard a mouse in the wall.

64. I am allergic to cats and dogs.

65.I love going to the movies and go a lot.

66. I hate laundry. The folding and putting away is the worst.

67. I try and eat healthy. Unfortunately I find I love Pizza, Chips and french fries. Which I rarely enjoy now.

68.I love sharing good deals.

69. I hate the thought of my kids growing up.

70. I always wake up several times in the night. I also remember most of my dreams.

36 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Laura,
This is such a great list.....and lots of things I didn't know. After number 63 something weird happened though.....I think being able to memorize phone numbers is a rare TALENT. Jeff loves lime in his coke, too. I LOVE the Cheesecake factory, travelling and sharing deals. Playing games is a favorite as well. I also hate having a fan blown directly on me.....unless I'm dying of heat, that is.

My random fact is that I've never had lice. Pretty nifty factoid, right?

Rachel Berry said...

I love this list! Although I don't know if I could thing of very many things about myself to post.

My fact: When ever I use a Q-Tip in my ear it makes me cough, NEVER FAILS. My husband thinks it's wierd and I have to admit yeah, it kinda is.

:)Rachel.

Jocasta said...

Great idea - I can roll my tongue upside down.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I have a lot of your list in common.
I love DVR, i hate fans, I love naptime (mine, not theirs) I love staying up late, I hate mornings...we're like sisters.
And I swear making a list like you just did, would kill me.

Something odd about me? Hmmm...I'm thinking...I come from a family of 10 kids. I grew up in a Napoleon Dynamite kind of town in South Eastern Idaho. I hate Bleu Cheese.
And if I could drive my dream car it would be a Volvo. Do they make hybrids?

Chandler said...

This is awesome! Great list with lots of fun info. I just had a blast catching up on all your fun adventures and pics. The kids are getting sooo big and stinkn' cute and you look gorgeous! Hope to see you soon!

Casey's trio said...

This was fun to read, especially since I've "known" you through your blog for awhile! Congrats on 300 posts...pretty impressive.

My random fact is that it really annoys me when I start reading a book and don't finish it. Like if it is boring and I cant get into the story. It really bugs me if I can't finish it!

Bridget said...

I loved reading your list!

I'm not sure if I could pick one random thing since I'm pretty much just a ball of random. Hhmm- I can't stand it if one of my couch pillows are on the floor. You can mess my entire house up but throw my pillows on the floor and we have problems.

Jaime said...

That's a great list of things I never knew about you. I am totally with you on the staying up late/hating mornings! And the finding/sharing good deals. I really love that!

My random fact...hmmm...I am left handed most of the time with everyday stuff. With softball I bat left handed. All other sports I play right handed. And when it comes to tennis, racketball, or golf, I'm undecided as to which hand to use and usually switch back and forth.

Cecily R said...

Woo hoo for the list!! Loved every second of reading it. We have some things in common...I can't watch t.v. without my DVR either and CLEARLY I stay up way too late all the time (it's 2:39 am)

My random fact...When I was about 13 I was asked to sing in front of a large group of people. I forgot the words and had to start over three times. The fourth time I gave up and ran out bawling. Amazing that I ever sang another solo, but I did!

Karen said...

This is fun....My husband calls me OK meaning Oblivious Karen!!!

My my real fact about me is that I was once interviewed while on a trip to Washington D.C outside the Cathedral about Pope John Paul II dying and it was shown on the TODAY show!!! Can't get much more famous than that! LOL!

Shannon said...

Love this list! There is so much here I didn't know about you. I love Cheesecake Factory too. I do not stay up late, though I wish I did. Anyone else can vacuum, I would enjoy that actually. I wear a 7 or 7.5 shoe also.

My random fact, I have a tattoo around my belly button. I got it when I was 18 and found out I was pregnant 3 month later. It has gone from a cute little flower vine to a Christmas wreath 3 times and has come out ok.

Allison P. said...

Loved the list! And I love reading your blog. We really need to get together sometime! Oh, and speaking of phone numbers, I am trying to remember a couple of your old ones. Were they 926-4838 and 251-1171?

Anonymous said...

I love how you worded #47, that's something I am working on and I think I am going to adapt that for my new motto brought to me via Laurie! Our lists are very similiar!

Random fact #101: I am addicted to blogging!!

Stephanie said...

I loved your list, Laura. I can't even comment on all of the ones I was agreeing with!

Random fact: I had 17 kids in my highschool graduating class. Nearly all of us went from K-12 together.

onehm said...

I love your list!! (and your blog...and thanks for always leaving such nice comments on my blog!)

Random fact about me...
I have a wierd habit of counting all the letters in the words of a sentence that I've heard or spoken to see if they are even.
;)

Laurie said...

Thanks for sharing all of this. I have to admit that at least 60% of this maybe more describes me to a T also. We are alot alike.

Here is my random thing... If your body does not need it, I don't have it. I do not have wisdom teeth, an appendix, or tonsils.

Mike and Shelby said...

What a fun list of interesting facts. I was surprised to hear you are not organized-I totally would have guessed you were.

Hmmmm, my random fact? I am REALLY good at guessing what is going to happen in movies. I just pick up easily on little random things that give clues. (My family HATES watching movies with me-I point the things out and ruin the ending) Not so wierd, I know ...till I add that by the next afternoon, I can't tell you what the movie was about!

Elizabeth said...

What a great list. I don't think I could come up with so many things. I love vacuum lines too and don't like other people to do any cleaning in my house.

Random fact...hmmm...I love numbers and love that not only do my husband, son and I all have odd number birthdays, but they are all prime numbers too.

Sarah said...

great post! as i read it, i realized we have a lot of little quirks that are the same. fun, fun stuff. i love reading other people's tags and learning funny little things about them.

my random fact: i love tomatoes but can't stand tomato soup. go figure!

Jessica said...

What a great list..I feel like I know you now..
I too can't stand fans blowing on me, especially the car vents.
That is awesome that this is your 300th post..Congrats!

Kate said...

OHHHH I love diet coke with lime too! That was a great list, I think I'd have run out of ideas rather quick myself!

Something about me people might find interesting...hmmm...I can't choose between these two: I went "dune jumping" in the Canary Islands. We sorta stumbled up to the top of dunes and then jumped off and tried to see how much of our legs we could sink into the sank when we landed. Even loaded a friend up with all our backbacks and bags to weigh him down!

OR there is the time that I got to adjust one of the valves on the throttle box during docking manuevers on summer sea term. Something that freshman, which I was, were NEVER allowed to do. But the teacher liked me and told me to go ahead.I cranked that valve open SOOOOOO slowly he had to coax me to turn it just a little more! I'm not talking alittle motor boat here either, I'm talking a 565-foot long steam ship. Yeh...anyway, that's something about me!

Sarah Mae said...

I can tie my hair in a knot with one hand...is that special or what?!

Okay, maybe not really, but my only other even somewhat unique fact is that I have my motorcycle license...and I don't even "drive" one! :)

Nice to meet you!

Our family chaos said...

I love this post. Believe it or not I think I knew most everything on your list. After 10 years of knowing you though andyou being my best friend helps. I want to do this too because it's fun to think of things that might let others know you better. I guess I will get to it later when I havn't had such a long day. Love it!

Rick said...

First time visitor, and most likely the only male to post in this contest (the wife could use the shirts).

Factoid about me? I was sent to the principle's office in 4th grade. Oh the shame of it all! I was play chase in my classroom when I was suppose to be sitting quietly at my desk.

How's that?

Anonymous said...

Great post! I always enjoy reading random facts about people.

Kelly said...

Enter me! Enjoyed this.

Kelly said...

Enter me! Enjoyed this.

Mom of Mix Kids said...

Hi, I just purchased Mindy Bush's PSE actions and I too have 6.0. I saw that you figured out how to load it. I'm a total novice to PS, so I was hoping you might be able to help me if I have questions. Do you think?

Lala said...

We have a lot in common! Random factoids about me.. wow I think I would really have to think about those. (there goes the random eh?!)

Sara said...

I thought I left a comment already but I guess I didn't hit "publish" button or something before the kids dragged me away from the computer. I loved your list and YES, Diet coke with fresh lime ALL THE WAY! There is nothing better.

I think I could add 30 more things about you just from reading your blog if you want me too. :)

hmmm... an interesting fact about me. One silly thing was when I was on my exchange trip in Germany in high school, we went to the top of the highest Alp on the German/Swiss border. To celebrate this great event and freezing cold temperature, me and two other gals took our shirts off and had our picture taken with just our bras on! Crazy silly high school girls!
Years later as I met the husbands of the other two girls, there is the "ah-hah" moment when they realize I was "one of those girls who..." *BLUSH*
I would NOT take that kind of picture now. LOL

girlytwins said...

I am always a fan of these lists. It is so fun to get to know your friends better :) We have many things in common...not surprising.

My random fact...I am TERRIFIED of heights. It has gotten much worse with age. I once had a panic attack on a ride at Knott's Berry Farm and cried uncontrollably on the ground as soon as I got off. It was very embarrassing.

Crazymamaof6 said...

awwesome list! way fun crazy he wanted identical twin girls. little did he know right? crazy.

i am so with you on laundry

and i too love a good deal

love this list. congrats on 300 posts!

Hillary said...

This was really fun to read It is fun to get to know you a little better.

It has taken me a while to comment because it was hard to think of something, and I don't know if this is the best one but here it goes.

I hate cigerette smoke so much that I am not affraid to confront someone who "lites up" around me.

I know that it is an addiction, but I think people should be more considerate about where they do it. My best confrontation was at Disneyland. We were waiting for the fireworks show to start and this guy came and stood by where we were. I saw him pull out a cigerette and I turned to him and said

"You are not going to smoke that here! Do you not see my children sitting right here in front of you?"

He played with the cigerette through the entire show but he never lit it. Sorry about the soap box, but it is one of my biggest pet peves.

Anonymous said...

I'm a regular reader but have to admit not a big commenter. In fact, I think this is my second comment. I loved reading your random facts about yourself. Some I knew and some I didn't. I've had a hard time thinking of something about me, since all I can think of is "me too" about your random facts and can't think of anything new. Here it goes though... I hate cooked fruit, which translates into hating pie, peach cobbler, anything with cooked fruit. Yuck!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Those were 70 things That I'm glad you shared, now I feel I know you a little better.
As for something about me.....
Well, I once went cliff diving and it took me two hours and a complete stranger to get me to jump... oh and it was only a 30 ft cliff. A few years later I went back to the same area with my husband and my brother... it again took me awhile to build up the courage to jump. I just kept thinking that I was gonna hit the rocks or something else bad was gonna happen.

Diaries of a Wonder Woman said...

I truly do not know how you came up with a list of 70 things about yourself! I had to come up with 30 once at a 30isn't so bad party and it was very difficult to search within myself. I find a lot of your comments are very similar to my likes and dislikes. Many of your comments brought a smile and even a chuckle!!!