Saturday, April 07, 2007

Ebs and Flows....

I am glad I wrote my previous post because this week has been so crazy busy that I am totally behind on everything. Such is life. I haven't even been able to one load of laundry! Let see... we had Jacob home sick, t-ball, Jacob's friend birthday party (baking), volunteer work at the hospital, and kids out of school for Spring break which alone makes life nuts! I feel overwhelmed. We have to dye eggs, and get Easter ready. Fun fun fun! Next week we have Jacob's real birthday, T-ball, Soccer, and hopefully lots of laundry and cleaning. I am looking forward to tommorow and my kids in cute matching clothing etc... and, while it is always busy, I hope in all the fun and hustle I can help the kids remember why were really celebrate Easter. The other day I heard Lindsey and Jacob having a conversation. Jacob was telling Lindsey that Easter was about Jesus and the resurrection, Lindsey was arguing that it was about, " a chick being born and a new life beginning". At first I thought she was just teasing him but in further discussion it seems she believed that silly theory. I have a lot of work to do. I am proud that Jacob at four seems to understand why we have Easter, but how at 7 did Lindsey forget? I suppose the beginnning of a new life is part of the resurrection but the whole chick being born is all too Easter bunny like to me. So tonight amist all the bathing, and egg dying we are having a little lesson. I am personally so grateful for Jesus Christ and his sacrifice and that through him I was given the chance for that new life! Happy Easter, I will post some pics tommorow or Monday...

Update... In further discussion I have discovered that Lindsey did not actually mean that Easter was about a chick hatching and its new life, but that in Primary they used that analogy to teach about Christ and his resurrection... I feel better knowing that she is understanding better than I thought. On a funny note tonight after I put Jacob to bed I was walking past his room he informed me that he had changed out of his jammies into his Easter/church clothing so he would be ready tommorow. He had his slacks, shirt, sweater, and even his shoes on. I did not have the heart to make him change back, he was so proud of his thoughtfulness. It was so funny. I may have to iron him in the morning, LOL!

3 comments:

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

wow, great minds think alike!!! my post was similar to yours, although mine was more about how adults forget what easter is about. this is a very aggravating subject for me, how do you forget about Jesus Christ on Easter!!!! anyway, i can't wait to see your kids in their outfits!!!! i too am looking forward to dressing them up. anyway, i enjoyed the blog and i too have had a interesting and hectic week, yeah for having 4 kids!!! :) have a very happy Easter!!!

Heather said...

You know, my husband and I have the same struggles about the Easter Bunny and Santa and all the "fun" that goes with these important holidays. Wow, it is so hard to strike a balance and make sure they really know the things they should! If you figure out a good way, let me in on it! I also can't wait to see your family all dressed up. I'm sure they will be completely adorable. BTW, where do I find you on EBAY?

Anonymous said...

SO much to teach these little guys, huh?

(ps - the eyelet shoes were at mervyn's - they're slingbacks, too!)