Monday, January 29, 2007

For the love of drive thru shopping....

I think some stores have missed a huge market, drive thru shopping! Have you ever woke up and had a plan for you day and just slowly watched it fade away? It's my mother in laws birthday (bless her heart) and I have been searching for ages for a present, somehow day of I am still without one. So I wake up this morning with big plans, first I think we will venture to the decorating store and get her a cute nic nac, then I think we should go to the mall because afterall there has to be something in one of the shops there. So... I get the twins up and dressed and begin getting myself ready. While getting ready, the girls managed to dump an entire glass of water on the floor and themselves, get into the pantry and smash chips all over the kitchen, spill the last of Daddy's hot chocolate on the carpet, he unknowingly left on the coffee table (that was the worst of their disasters). This all before 10:30am. So after loosing my mind we went to the mall walked in to Macys bought Lancome Mascara (my favorite) and ran right back to the car. Who would have thought you could be so tired from that. Atleast mother in law got a gift, and thank goodness for gift reciepts in case it stinks for her. What I would give for drive thru shopping.. no unloading just pay and go.
I have discovered a wonderful thing though the girls love the kids care at my Gym. I mean love it! They squeal with delight just when we drive by my gym. So I think we will be making a lot more trips to the gym. They get out of the house (therefore they cannot create diasters) and I get my work out... WIN WIN. I am SO tired of winter, the cold, the indoor confinement. Having two toddlers with nothing to do inside is getting old. I am ready for pools, parks, and just a whole lot of SUNSHINE! How about you?
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mother in law and my Grandpa who is 92 today!

6 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I have no words....actually I do....Oh BOY! The twinados strike again! :)

Anonymous said...

I've had fun reading your blog! Until I had Audrey, I thought the drive-thru at the gas station was for lazy folks. I didn't realize it was for moms deperate for a diet coke! Audrey never has to leave the comfort of her carseat. I'd go for drive-thru anything these days!

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

i thorughly agree......drive thorugh shopping sounds awesome. this is why i will willingly pay an extra 5-6 dollars to shop online and have the items sent right to my door. my girls will be 2 on friday and i keep having pictures of these things happening in my head...lol :) i hope you have a great week and a little less eventful!

Stephanie said...

I think you are on to something. We have one gas station in town with a drive thru and I will drive all the way across town just so I don't have to get the boys out of the car. Especially when it is as cold out as it has been lately.
I totally agree with your feelings on being over this winter. Swimming and sunshine (and no coats, hats, gloves, etc) sounds wonderful!

Shannon said...

Laura,
I see what you mean that our lives are pretty similar. I'm telling you, motherhood is tough sometimes! I think getting to the gym is wonderful idea. Unfortunately, my kids have always hated the kids care. I guess that beautiful, svelt body will have to wait for a while - oh well.

Debra said...

Oh boy... is this what I get to look forward to??

I agree about the drive thru's! I just found out Sams CLub has a Click and Pull Deal. You go online and order your stuff. Within 24 hrs it is ready (they shop for you for FREE!) and dh will pick it up on his way home from work. And, our local grocery store will shop and deleiver for $15. I will gladly pay that so I don't have to take 5 kids shopping!!