Monday, December 28, 2009

Here comes Santa Claus…

Every year we head over to see Santa the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I found the jolly man at this quaint house when the twins were just babies and we have been going ever since.  Every year there are a lot of tears and worry over seeing him…. this year both girls were confident that they could handle seeing him and wouldn’t be scared at all.  However, when he did make his appearance Sydney’s shyness got the best of her and she began to cry.  I held her hand and helped her go over and talk to him because she really wanted to be able to do it.  She wiped her tears and made it through just fine.

11 28 09_1577

All the cousins together…

11 28 09_1604

Jacob brought his list.  He asked for  a air hog switch blade and nerf elite for the wii.  It was so cute!

11 28 09_1586 copy

Group print

11 28 09_1616 copy

So we made it through our first picture with Santa without tears.  That’s not to say it wasn’t hard for Sydney.  There were several other encounters with Santa this Christmas season for Sydney and she wasn’t keen on meeting him again.   I felt she had done her duty and never made her talk to him again. Hailey, however, overcame her fear entirely and every time we went to the mall she wanted to go to talk to him. Much to Sydney’s dismay.    Hailey even told me “I must be all grown up because I am not afraid of men anymore”.   

 

As their preschool program approached I noticed Sydney’s speaking part referred to Santa so I asked if he was making a surprise appearance and was told yes. I warned Sydney.   The night before the program she prayed “ Please bless I can be in the room with Santa and not be too scared”.  

I can’t say I blame her meeting strange men can’t be easy even if you so want to ask for a special toy!  Hailey asked for dress ups and Sydney asked for Littlest Pet shop.

7 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

That would make the cutest christmas card picture!

Hillary said...

I remeber seeing the girls with Santa at the program and being impressed that they were sitting on his lap.

I always love your Santa pictures. If Ryan's mom ever quits her job, and we have to find a new Santa, I will have to find out where you go, because I hate the mall Santa.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Yay! No tears! Great pictures! :)

Casey's trio said...

Great pictures with Santa. I'm glad Sydney was able to talk to Santa too...even if it was a little scary!

Susan Anderson said...

Hey, it's a start, right? Next year, I bet Sydney will be acting like a veteran Santa Clause visiter!

Debra said...

Oh that is sweet how she prayed to not be afraid!!!!!!!!!

MErry Christmas you guys!

Our family chaos said...

I love that santa and I love that its outside. Such a better picture than the mall. So glad Sydney was able to see Santa this year. As for my kids ...they had no problem telling him what they wanted.LOL. I love Jacob and the list. So funny