Thursday, May 07, 2009

For my children....

A month ago we had an opportunity to go to a temple open house for our church, The church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints. A new temple was being built in our area and before its dedicated its open for visiting, to all. I had some real reservations about whether or not the twins could walk through and behave through the temple. This is for my children....



Today we went through the Temple. What an amazing opportunity it was to attend this open house. As we entered the temple, as a family, an amazing thing happened. You were all quiet and reverent. We walked in and out of each room and sometimes stood in long lines. No one fussed or screamed. We were able to learn about what we were seeing. The Spirit was strong. I could feel Heavenly Father's love for our family. As we entered some of the rooms I was struck by the blessing of being together as a family. The desire to make this happen was so strong for me. I love each of you so much. I want each of you to know how much our Heavenly Father loves you. I can't wait for the day where we can be together in the temple again as a family. Never forget how much I love you and what I want for you.

Mommy

A few weeks later we went back to attend the temple. After it was dedicated and in use. It was a special experience to be there again. I felt reminded of my children and our visit there and this made it even more special. We are lucky to have a new temple so close.


13 comments:

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

You do know that my house... the one that won't sell, the one we are stuck with... is about 1.7 miles just down the hill from where you are standing in those pics! AND! That I was at the open house.. We might have been there at the same time...shushing our kids on the same day! :) Hi there!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ that's great that they got to go! Great pictures! :)

Casey's trio said...

Sounds like an amazing experience Laura!

Danae said...

Our church building is on the same lot as our temple, so I think the kids (and us) take for granted a little. We are planning on taking a trip to Pennsylvania when that temple is built so the kids can go. An opportunity you do not get very often!

Heather Anderson said...

What an amazing experience for you and your kids! Glad you decided to go for it:)

Claremont First Ward said...

I love these pictures. What a wonderful opportunity for the whole family.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you took the opportunity to do that with you kids! They'll always remember it. We went the night before Savannah's baptism, so those 2 experiences will always be tied together for her.
Sydney Moo'd at the baptismal font as we entered the temple. I'll never forget THAT.
Beautiful pictures!

Sarah said...

how neat! we took the girls through and they did pretty well but were tired and ready for lunch by the end of the tour. i'm so glad we are able to take children in before the dedications so they can see the beauty and feel the Spirit in the temples. great post!

girlytwins said...

So awesome. It is so wonderful when it works out the way it was meant to :)

And I look forward to meeting you someday. If you are ever in SoCal (anywhere) I will drive to visit you :)

Our family chaos said...

I am glad you had such a good experience.

Sara said...

What a great experience. I hope that one day we will have a temple close(er) to us as well. It takes over an hour to get to Oakland. ( not complaining though!) I would love for my kids to have a chance to walk through it once before its dedication. I would have loved to have done that myself as a younger teen. Good for you mom for braving that. Your kids will always remember those special feelings.

Mike and Shelby said...

we are so lucky to have som many temples so close to us!

Jaime said...

What an awesome experience! And gorgeous pictures!:)