Saturday, February 06, 2010

Groundghog day...

You know that movie Groundhog day? A lot of people love it. Not me. It drove me nuts to see the same stuff happening over and over. This week was groundhog day- the real one. But my life is starting to feel like the movie... this week I got a very sore throat, then I threw my back out and spent the week in bed. By Thursday I had just had it. My throat and back were getting worse and I finally went to the doctor. I got muscle relaxers and antibiotics. I had strep throat. No wonder I felt awful and wasn't getting better. Please tell me illness will leave for good because I really do hate seeing the same stuff over and over. Did I mention both twins just started a croupy cough and fever? We're home sick from church today.

So I have been stuck in bed watching a lot of t.v. I thought I would share two of my favorite netflix series. Friday night lights, which was recommended from my sister in law Lisa. This show is still running but I played catch up with netflix all summer. I loved it. The second is Chuck. I think they are currently airing season 3 but I just started season 2 on dvd. This is a fun light spy show. I also really enjoy a series on Mtv called Teen Mom. It started as a show called 16 and pregnant ( a new series of this starts in a week or so) and then followed the Mom's in the first year of motherhood (now called Teen Mom). I found this show addicting. I was so interested. It is sad to see the disfuctional relationships and family backgrounds but interesting to see the real drama and challenges they were facing.

SO there you have it. Last week was spent flat on my back watching good t.v. Do you have any favorite t.v series?

Oh and don't ask me how but I got all the girls stuff up on ebay. You can check it out here. Twins ebay

8 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

It was always hard to get a bunch of illnesses in a row like that. Not much fun, and I hope everyone gets and stays healthy soon.

Be sure to check the kids for strep. Sometimes they don't even get that sick, and it's a pesky thing if left untreated.

And don't lift anything!

(end of annoying advice)

=)

girlytwins said...

I'm sorry your sick. I really hope you get better soon and the girls too. We have had one heck of a sick season this year. I am ready for Spring.

I just recently started watching 'Life Unexpected' on the CW. It is such a cute show. I look forward to it each week, and you can catch up online :)

Heather said...

Did you ever watch Pushing Daisies? Man, it was such a GREAT show. For some reason it just never caught on I guess. But I loved it and highly recommend!

Sara said...

I am so sorry. That is what our whole fall/winter have been like. I am embarressed about how much tv we have all watched during those weeks of fevers.

My show I am addicted to: Hoarders (ahhh!!!), What not to wear, Vampire Diaries.

Teen Mom is addicting to watch, like a car accident, you just can't turn away. Those poor babies caught up in all that drama. I just want to snatch them out of there!

Oh, and I know someone who was on "engaged and underaged" KRAZEE.

Claremont First Ward said...

Man, Laura. I'm so sorry. NO favorite TV series.......recommend some good movies for me to get on Netflix though.

tiarastantrums said...

hope you feel better soon - Lost is on tonight - if that helps! Love me some Lost!!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Back pain is the worst! I hope you are feeling better! My favorite shows are Project Runway and Breaking Bad. I'd probably have more if I could watch tv...but, it's always on Nick Jr or Cartoon Network. Blech.

I also never really liked Groundhog Day (the movie or the actual day) since the little rodent usually says there's 6 more weeks of winter, but my girls were born on Groundhog Day, so now it's a good day. :)

Our family chaos said...

Thank goodness for good t.v. and books. Sorry it has been such a tough winter for you guys.